Join us to celebrate the Coronation of Kaylah the Cheerful and Trumbrand the Wanderer. Vest Yorvik has the honour to host this glorious day.
September 27, 2014, doors open at 10 am and close at 10 pm
This means No Entry before 10 am!
The day will be a pageant of honourable combat, with enough activity to satisfy even the most energetic fighter. There will also be activities such as sing-alongs and dance, along with delicious food from around the Known World.
Bring your banners and heraldic displays to build on the festive atmosphere (free-standing mounts encouraged; duct tape may NOT be used on the walls, only masking tape).
- Site for SCA Members $15 (includes Tithe)
- Site for non-SCA Members $20 (includes NMS and Tithe)
- Site for those under 18: FREE! Yes youth do not pay site fee, so bring the whole family.
- Feast $15 preregistered, $17 at the gate if available, depending on pre-registrations
- Lunch $5
- Cash or cheque only, sorry electronic payment not accepted
Food and Drink
- Feast - limited number of spaces available. THL Aislinne and her highly experienced crew are preparing a fabulous two-remove feast honouring our outgoing and incoming Royal Family; one remove 14th C English and the other Mongolian. Aislinne prefers not to publish the menu but it will be delicious.
- Food related concerns - please let Aislinne know before the feast, as these can not always be dealt with on the day of the event.
- Lunch - Their Excellencies Seonag nic Thomais and Streonwold Wulfesbana will be serving a delicious lunch in the Dancing Bear Tavern.
- Bar - run by Strawberry Fields; remember BYOB is prohibited. Please join us in toasting the continued health and longevity of the Line of the North with a drink of your choice, be it with or without alcohol.
Brampton Fairgrounds, 12942 Heart Lake Road in Brampton, Ontario L6Z 0B5
- Brampton is northwest of Toronto.
- From the east or west, follow HWY 401 to HWY 410 North (exit #344) to Brampton.
- Continue on HWY 410 North to Mayfield Rd/Regional Rd 14.
- Take the Mayfield Road exit (signs for Mayfield Road W)
- Go West on Mayfield to Heart Lake Road (Less than 1 km)
- Turn right (North) onto Heart Lake Rd.
- Continue to the Brampton Fairgrounds, on your left.
- Ample free parking.
Bus Directions: see information for the Brampton Bus
- Autocrat – brother Guillaume di San Marino - autocrat AT vestyorvik DOT org
- Reservations – THL Heather of Dormanswell - coronation AT vestyorvik DOT org
- Feast – THL Aislinne of Alainmor - feastocrat AT vestyorvik DOT org
- Marshall – THL Daniele da Padola
- Activities Co-ordinator – Diarmaid MacDomhnaill
- Merchant Co-ordinator - THL Roselyn de l'Estrangere - seneschal AT vestyorvik DOT org
Feast spots are limited; reservations are recommended by September 23 as few if any seats will be available at the door. Unpaid seats will be sold off in the early afternoon (following an announcement) so if you might be late arriving, we suggest you arrange pre-payment.
You may contact Troll Lady Heather for reservations per the information below. Unless you speak to her directly, please include contact information so that she can call or email back to confirm your reservation. If you do not receive a response, you might not have a reservation.
- phone: 905-568-1424 (no later than 10 pm please)
- or mail cheques, payable to "SCA - Vest Yorvik", care of
603-65 Park Street East
Mississauga, ON. L5G 1M3